Thursday, April 6, 2017

The End is Approaching...

As the deadline approaches, I keep on coming up with all these things I can do to my magazine to make it better.

Cover Page: Check!
My cover page has been complete for a while but when I added an additional page, I decided to add another cover line which you will read about down below. The page is exactly what I hoped it would be and I'm really happy with the outcome!

Table of Contents: Check!
Starting with the table of contents. All of the pictures are now horizontal instead of vertical and it looks much better. Also all of the subheadings of the pictures on the table of contents are done as well. So I can check the Table of Contents off my list of things to complete.

Additional Page: Check!
While looking through a Travel and Leisure magazine I saw something that caught my eye (i posted it in my last blog post). It was a map of a bunch of different cocktail bars in London. As I went through my camera roll, I saw a bunch of pictures of food I've eaten while I was in New Orleans and thought I would incorporate that into my magazine as well. So I decided to make an additional page with 4 of my favorite places to go while I am in New Orleans. The pictures include a poke bowl, a salad, a bagel platter, and an ice cream roll which you will further see when I post my final magazine.

Advertisement: Incomplete 
Since I added the additional page, I have to add one more page to make the amount of pages even. So I will add an advertisement. I have to wait until my mom gets home from work so I can do a quick photoshoot with her. I am planning on doing a luggage advertisement to go along with the travel theme. It will be her walking through the front door after a long vacation with her two suitcases behind her. 

Two Page Spread: Almost 
I completed my layout of the two page spread. It has three pictures up at the top. A smaller one on the left and right and a larger one in the middle. I have so many pictures from my trips and Mardi Gras that I want to use as many as possible to really capture the culture of New Orleans. I have not yet written the content that will be going on the page but I have a lot of stuff in mind. The title on the spread is "Laissez le Bon Temps Rouler" which means let the good times roll in French. This is a commonly used phrase all throughout New Orleans and thought it would be a great idea to incorporate it into my magazine.

Today and tomorrow will be dedicated to finishing all the final touches on my magazine and starting to think about my Creative Critical Reflection. Almost done with this journey but its not over yet:)

No comments:

Post a Comment